Greetings and Salutations!
I must apologize for my month long absence, but I have been abroad fighting wolverines in the Jungles of Africa. I kid you not. I’ve got the battle scars to prove it. Those mother fuckers have some teeth. Doing the tango with a bear is much easier.
So now that I’m back in action, it’s time to bring you kiddies another post- brought to you by the letter D. D, as in Dead Weight. This week is Energy Conservation Week, so I thought I’d share some ideas for energy conservation.
Just to recap, I’ve already written about how to go green and save money, and how to calculate your energy consumption, so for this week I’ve got a great idea on how to save energy and improve the human race. We start getting rid of the dead weight that drags down society.
Now I’m not talking about Nazi, or even Swedish style eugenics, but I am saying that there are lot of useless assholes out there that don’t contribute anything to society whatsoever, and are a major drain on the taxpayer and our natural resources. Before anyone jumps down my throat bitching to me about how I’m about to say we should get rid of people with Down Syndrome, I say this- think about all of the resources that are put into helping the weak and the invalid. I did a quick google search and there’s over 100 organizations helping these people. A lot of work has been done to help integrate these people these people into society- and that’s cool if you want to spend your life helping someone with an IQ of 50, but all of this time and money could be put into research to prevent this from happening in the first place. Let’s stop kidding ourselves.
Everyone likes to remember that Darwin came up with the theory of Evolution, but people seem to forget that evolution comes out of the survival of the fittest. When elephants have a baby that is deformed, they don’t send it a special elephant tribe where they can be taken care of and be treated with kid gloves the rest of its life, they use it as fodder when the lions come. According to the U.S Census Bureau, the world’s population is going to be around 9.5 billion people by 2050. If we don’t do something now to stem the growth, we are all royally screwed. Think about how scarce our natural resources are now. By 2050, we’re going to have to get ration cards and be allowed a gallon of water a week. Here’s a taste of what the world would be like with 9.5 billion people:
1) Water – Right now our fresh water sources is getting depleted, not only due to consumption, but because of pollution. By 2050, I wouldn’t be surprised if there are wars over water. Not only does water keep us hydrated, but it also affects our food supply.
2) Food – With limited water supplies, farming becomes almost non existent. No water = no food = starving people. Companies that specialize in GMO foods are going to have to get really creative, which will probably lead to a lot of factory farming. Factory farming leads to less nutritional food, which will mean people will have weaker immune systems, die, etc. Even IF we had enough water, there still wouldn’t be enough food to go around. We’d have to cut down every tree to clear land for new crops. The only foreseeable way would be to build some sky scrapers the size of a few acres and do some multi-level farming.
3) Energy Consumption – You think it’s bad now? Well wait till 2050. 2/3rd’s of the world’s population live in Asia right now, and that number is going up every day. We might have peachy clean super efficient energy here, but India and China will most certainly not. Think about how much pollution will come out of these countries.
To give you an idea in numbers of how much crap we consume, check out Worldometers. It’s pretty disturbing, and you can use your imagination of what those numbers be in 50 years.
So what do we do about this mess? Get rid of the dead weight. This world has become a nanny state that fosters failure and everyone wins. Look where that’s gotten us. Without losers we can’t have winners- and in the end, everyone becomes a loser.
It’s time to bring back the Gospel of Wealth and let the doomed fend for themselves. Instead of giving the hopeless false hope and prolonging their misery, how about we all do ourselves a favour and work smart. Instead of helping the weak stay weak, why don’t we prevent them from getting to that point in the first place. Lack of education is poverty’s worst enemy. How about we put the money from welfare into the school system? If you’re thinking to yourself ‘well, even if you have an education, you’re screwed in a recession,’ think again. Read this article today about recent grads getting jobs on Wall Street. Luck has nothing to do with it. It’s called Darwinism.
Here’s some other things we can do to strengthen the gene pool and get our society back on track:
1) Legalize the possession of all drugs and remove all public funding to rehab centers. If you’re going to use and become an addict, that’s cool with me. I don’t see why you should go to jail for that. If you’re going to become an addict and expect me to pay for rehab, you’ve got another thing coming. Also, the money that is being spent on the war on drugs can now be used from something productive, like researching new technology, or improving education so we don’t have drug addicts anymore. We can also sell the drugs like in Holland so we can marginalize the black market and make some money.
2) Legalize gay marriage, worldwide. That’ll cut down on some baby making and we’ll get some sweet tax dollars.
3) Countries should nationalize their natural resources. When the shit hits the fan, you don’t want a corporation in charge of your water. Then we can work with other well endowed countries to improve conditions around the world. It may be blackmail, but it needs to be done.
4) Re-segregate church and state. An atheist government is a rational government. Also, remove tax shelters from organized religion. Peddling Jesus is a billion dollar a year industry and is tax free. I think it’s time we get our cut, considering we let things like, you know, child molestation slide.
5) Gas tax and toll booths. You want to drive your super polluting SUV into the City? Guess what buddy, it’s gonna cost you. There’s too many cars, and the air even has a funky taste to it now. If we put tolls on all the ways into a city, we’ll see less cars and more people riding transit. Add a gas tax into the mix, and people will think twice about buying a Hummer.
6) Outlaw private jets. What kind of rich asshole thinks they can get away with riding around in a private jet nowadays? Seriously. Either outlaw these ozone scars or tax the shit out of them.
This is just a taste of some of the things we are going to need to do in order to survive as a species. The human race is going to have to take some drastic measures soon, and if we don’t, adios muchachos. We’ve gone as far as we can living like this. Don’t take my word for it either. Do yourself a favour and look at the world around you. It’s not going to be a Star Trek world 50 years from now. It’s going to be a Mad Max world the way we’re going. One day you’re going to wake up and this dude is going to be wearing studded football gear trying to steal your gasoline:
Survival of the fittest, my friends. Survival of the fittest.